English Conversation Topics
For many, only teaching is an extremely lucrative opportunity: it lets you work from the comfort of your home and it lets you do what you love. Apart from the obvious things here, there are a few subtle details that you must always keep in mind before and after you have become an online teacher.
1. You may not achieve successful results immediately. You can face the lack of students, lack of motivation, and lack of satisfying results. Of course, if you are determined enough, these challenges can be relatively easily beaten.
2. You thought that since you are available all the time, your students will be, too. Well, that is not how it is, and you will encounter this once you start. Just as in any other job or situation, do not let delusions control your expectations.
3. It is extremely fun! The first two points were not the most encouraging, so let me correct that. Online teaching can truly be a dream come true for you. It can both give you a job and let you feel fulfilled, enjoying a cup of tea and your favorite activity.
4. For different reasons, you might think that this job gives you no room for improvement. But that is not true! In fact, the beginning can be rough, but later you will find more and more students wishing to join your course, and you will find that requesting more money is only logical.
5. It is very easy to find a platform for yourself. Seriously, just open google and find one. You will be surprised how many results you find.
6. You can choose when and where to work. Of course, you have to be realistic – you can’t pick 3 A.M. and expect students to line up; choose a time which will be suitable for your target audience.
Regardless of the difficulties, if this is what you want – do not give up. Success will not be immediate, but it will sure be sweet.