4 Motivating TED Talks in Portuguese For Polishing Your Language Skills
Have you ever watched TED talks? If you have, did you find them useful and amusing?
Online teachers in more than 70 languages
Justlearn is one of the largest tutoring platforms that provide 1-on-1 classes with professional teachers.Find my first class
Want to learn English? Seems like everyone in the world has that in mind. But the question is, how long does it really take to learn English?
That's an interesting topic in this time and era when the wide globalization has become the center of life for most people.
Everyone has a native language spoken from the time they were born by the people around them and which they learned as they grow older. You cannot just let go of that knowledge to learn something new.
Learning English takes time and it will depend on several things.
What is English?
English is the universal language. Millions of people in the world today aim to learn how to speak the language for certain purposes. It's amazing how a simple language can actually make a great impact on someone's life.
English can help you in so many different ways because it's very powerful. Knowing how to speak the language is an advantage you must not miss to achieve.
However, telling exactly how long it takes to learn English may vary from person to person because of many factors.
To learn English is both a privilege and a responsibility nowadays. It is a privilege because you get to express your thoughts to a bigger audience. You can travel and be with other people from another country without the fear of being misunderstood.
Likewise, it is a person's responsibility to learn the language for you know it could help you in the future. For work, leisure, or even while you are still studying, learning English is very important. English will let you explore the world more through reading information online about various things and by traveling to different places and talking to other people.
Moreover, here are some of the specific benefits that learning English can give to anyone:
1. Become more confident - if you know how to speak and understand English, doing business with other people around the world be a lot easier. Powerhouse countries like the United States and the United Kingdom are English-speaking, too. Speaking your thoughts is English is, thus, necessary.
2. Travel the world easier - visiting another country which is not familiar to you may be a challenge especially if you are not aware of the native language they speak. But, if you know how to speak English, that would be enough. It will be easier to ask for directions on how to get somewhere, to ride a cab, or to buy something.
3. Find a job opportunity faster - in the corporate world, English is also what people speak even if you have a different language. Most companies in any country around the globe require their employees to know the language, otherwise, they won't even be hired in the very first place. Consequently, that is also the reason universities are very strict with the teaching and learning of English. It is their way of preparing individuals to face the world with English as their strongest weapon.
4. Create a meaningful connection to other people - with social media as a constantly growing platform today, you can communicate with anyone you want through the internet. The most effective way to do it is, of course, using the English language. You can make friends, have fun, or build a relationship with them for as long as you are able to express yourself and to understand them as well.
Talking about how to learn English, time is really of huge essence connected to it. You need time to practice and memorize each word in the dictionary and how they are actually used in giving a message, etc. Is it going to be easy? No, it's not. But you can definitely learn it.
Learning English will test not only your intelligence and memory, but it will also challenge your patience and listening skills. Pronunciation and comprehension in learning English successfully should work together for you to get the message right.
So, how does it take to learn English? Let's consider the following factors that have an effect on your ability to learn English fast.
• Your native language. If the words you speak based on your native language are more complex or extremely far from what's used in English, that could add to the difficulty of the learning process. You almost have to renew your knowledge just to learn a new language.
• How hard you study. Practice makes perfect, they say. If you always try to use the language in whatever you do and for more hours every day, then it will be faster for you.
• How good your memory and listening skills are. Memorization works really well with remembering the words and their meaning while listening skills allow you to say the words correctly.
• The country you live in. If you are in a place in the world where English is also commonly used, then that's a good start already.
• Your current level of English. Prior to formally studying how to speak English, you may have a bit of understanding of the language that you just want to improve only. In this case, all you need is to check yourself on which level you are already in to know also where to start.
With all those considerations, maybe you can learn it fast or maybe it will take longer. It really depends on you and what your answers are to such factors listed above.
Because learning English is now one of the necessities everybody wants to acquire, you might be looking for some useful tips to shortcut your journey in learning the English language. How long does it take to learn English? Well, if you follow these tips, you might get it done successfully in no time!
Start learning the simplest and most used words in English such as those that you can also use in your daily dealings. By doing that, it will be easier for you to practice the language more often.
Making yourself more familiar with the language is possible through watching and observing people use it fluently in movies, novels, news, magazines, etc. Even without somebody else's help, this will make you remember the pronunciation of certain words in English as well as the usual expressions used and their meanings.
As you watch or read something in English, writing them down on a piece of paper will help. Once you finish it, you can go back to the list of words you did not understand, find their meaning from the dictionary, and practice them regularly for better results.
By applying what you learned from English movies, shows, and news to actual events in your life like talking to native speakers of the language, definitely, you'll get it done a little faster. You'll get used to it and learn it more naturally.
If you have the time, to travel to some countries or places where you can enjoy interacting with people who are also speaking English would help as well.
The art of questioning makes a lot of difference for anyone who wants to be confident in speaking any language. When you ask questions in English, you also get to hear some feedback that is in English and the process continues with you exerting more effort and learning it better.
If you are a student who needs to pass an exam, maybe your focus would be to learn the right grammar right away. But if you're somebody who's learning English for business or personal needs, your choice would dictate which words and expressions you'll need to try first. Doing more practice on speaking what you need is ideal before learning more complex ones.
Maybe it's a cliche nowadays, but truly, patience is a virtue that you need to take hold of when learning English. I won't be easy but it's definitely achievable if only you will strive harder each time. Just like anything you've wanted in life and succeeded in, learning English is as rewarding that you can take advantage of for the rest of your life.
For a person to dedicate some time to learn English, he/she must be really eager and determined. To do that, keep in mind always that learning anything doesn't happen overnight. It is a process and some stages must be accomplished before you ultimately get it.
With that in mind, seeking help and guidance from professionals like personal tutors and teachers will be really great. Today, online English tutorials prosper because of the greater need for learning English. How long does it take to learn English? Now, via online tutorial learning is a whole new thing.
No everybody's able to enroll in an online class just to learn English. If you do, that's already an advantage that will speed up your time to learn English. For an idea of why it pays to learn English through online tutorials, here is a list of the benefits.
• With online tutorials, you get to choose your schedule, the tutor you want to learn from, and the place where you want to have your classes.
• Online tutorials help you identify your level of proficiency in English and your ability to learn it. They'll give you a written report about it that you can visit anytime you want to check on yourself, too.
• Online tutorials provide you a better way of learning English by having visual materials for every topic they present.
• Online tutors and teachers are friendly, approachable, and are always very patient in guiding their students to learn. They give corrections in a very polite manner that you'll never feel humiliated or discouraged.
• Online tutorials allow you to keep track of your progress after every class you have that helps increase or maintain your motivation to do better.
• Online tutorials help you practice speaking English more through regular drills and recall with the help of professional tutors and teachers.
• More than anything, online tutorials allow you to take classes anywhere you feel comfortable. You can have it at home during your free time. It's all up to you but the good thing is, you have somebody to guide you on how to do it right.
On the contrary, some people do not have the luxury to afford a regular tutorial online. It's quite expensive and will ask you to have a few important things like a strong internet connection and a headset with a microphone so you can interact with your teacher effectively.
But, aiming for a speedy English learning process, this is all worth it. Instead of doing it all by yourself, isn't it nice to have a pro buddy to do it together? Well, that should be more of a relief. Success in learning English is not a problem. However, your pacing and the exact time to learn English is a question answerable by you because every person is unique in many ways.
Learning English is truly a must nowadays.
It cannot be ignored nor something to be taken for granted because it's part of everyone's life.
Whatever reason you have for learning English, you should remember that it takes time to learn English that it does not happen at a glance.
Only you would know the answer to the question of how long it takes to learn English. You can try the various platforms available on the internet to achieve faster and better results.
At the end of the day, what should matter is that you're capable of learning the language with your heart and mind, whether fast or slow.
To learn English is both a privilege and a responsibility nowadays. It is a privilege because you get to express your thoughts to a bigger audience. You can travel and be with other people from another country without the fear of being misunderstood. Likewise, it is a person's responsibility to learn the language for you know it could help you in the future. For work, leisure, or even while you are still studying, learning English is very important. English will let you explore the world more through reading information online about various things and by traveling to different places and talking to other people.
Master the words that are commonly used, Read or watch everything that is in English, Take note of any new vocabulary you'll find, Talk regularly to other people who speak the language, Travel abroad, Ask more questions than usual, Don't stop until you know you get it correctly, Start with what you really need
For a person to dedicate some time to learn English, he/she must be really eager and determined. To do that, keep in mind always that learning anything doesn't happen overnight. It is a process and some stages must be accomplished before you ultimately get it. With that in mind, seeking help and guidance from professionals like personal tutors and teachers will be really great. Today, online English tutorials prosper because of the greater need for learning English. How long does it take to learn English? Now, via online tutorial learning is a whole new thing. No everybody's able to enroll in an online class just to learn English. If you do, that's already an advantage that will speed up your time to learn English.
Have you ever watched TED talks? If you have, did you find them useful and amusing?
How good are you at common Portuguese phrases and sayings? Do you know how to name days of the week in Portuguese?
What is your favorite food? Do you know to say it in Portuguese? If you dont, then this post is just for you.
The beauty of every language, no matter if it belongs to one particular language family or stands out alone ( which is called an isolate), is in its u
Russia and its language arent only about the cold winters, Russian fairytales, and vodka.
Do you know that slang is one of the parts of the language that changes most often?